ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

7.5

$1,200

2. had to buy the part and have dealer install, almost a grand (1 reports)
  3. replace condenser and freon (1 reports)
2015 Chevrolet Tahoe AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Jul 252017

Tahoe LT

July 2017 ac not working in Texas... $1,000 to fix... now less than 9 months later ac out again.... new condenser is under mech. warranty but may have to pay labor again at $600 and hope it's not the compressor...

Update from Apr 23, 2018: Had ac done today... second set of seals... my mech replaced seals and freon at no cost... not even the labor... yeahhhhh....

- Doris H., Terrell, TX, US

Sep 032017

Tahoe LS

The AC stopped working and only blows HOT Air. We have 100 degree weather here in Dallas TX and need the AC. I have seen a lot of other complaints with the same issue will call our Dealership or go straight to GM. This is not OKAY!

- Reyna R., Ferris, US

Sep 132017

Tahoe LT 5.3L

My A/C stopped working on 9/13/2017 right when I left work. The air at 60 degrees is coming out luke cold. I am taking it in on 9/15/2017 to the dealership where I bought it. However, after reading all the posts here, I can only imagine what they will say. However, I will post an update so everyone knows what the issue is. I can't believe that my brand new car is already having A/C issues. I drove a Mercury Villager for 14 years and never once did that van give me A/C issues......

Anxious to see what my fate will be tomorrow.

- la reina coco, Wilmington, US

Jun 022017

Tahoe LT V8

Heat in the Tahoe is extremely inconsistent. One minute 70 degrees is comfortable, the next it's burning up. On cold days we have to turn the heat to 80 to get it warm and then in the afternoon, down to 68 before the "heat" would go off and cold air would blow. Usually turning off the a/c, waiting a while and then turning back on would work, but when the condenser cracked all fixes failed.

- emwrlw, Wimauma, FL, US

Apr 192017

Tahoe LTZ

AC has stopped working, part number 84211191 is on back order and dealership does not know when they'll have it. Another dealership has 6-7 people waiting on same part, some as long as 5-6 weeks. With warm weather upon us, we need to get the AC Fixed.

Update from May 6, 2017: still no ETA on the arrival of the part needed to fix the AC

Update from Aug 11, 2017: we had to pay for the part, luckily we were able to get it after waiting only about 45 days.

- Brian C., Powell, OH, US

Apr 192017

Tahoe LT V8

I bought a brand new 2015 chevy Tahoe and after 10 months with 26,000 miles my ac stop working. so I took the car to the dealer and they found that the ac condenser was leaking . since the car was under warranty they replace the condenser for free. after the part was replaced 8 months later with 46000 miles i got the same problem again but this time the dealer say that they don't have the part in stock and when i call GM they told me that the part is in national backorder and they don't know exactly when part gonna be available . so I'm stuck with $75000 car that i can not drive because the ac don't work and its summer time here in Nyc and the weather is really hot almost 85 degree . and its been 2 weeks already that I'm waiting for the part and now GM telling me that the it will take up to 3 months to get the condenser which is ridiculous because i have to work with the car to pay my bills . i still have to make the car and insurance payment on time . i regret why i bought this car and GM is the worst car manufacture to deal with. i just cant believe that all GM 2015 and up SUV got the same problem WITH THE CONDENSER but they don't wanna do any recall .

- bigmo, Bronx, US

Apr 012017

Tahoe LTZ

We love our dealership service department. They are very efficient and great customer service! We did take the Tahoe in and found that the AC issue is very common in 2015's and it is so common, the part they need to fix it is on a week backorder!

- Dianne S., Ada, OK, US

Sep 052016

Tahoe LTZ 5.3L V8

Paid close to 70k for this vehicle, air stopped working properly. If it's 70 degrees out in the morning or at night, when the vehicle is moving it seems to cool a little. Will not cool when stationary. Weather is currently 95 degrees most of the time during the day. Out of Warranty. Just had steering column replaced. I feel like a made a huge mistake.

- tahoeltz@npr, New Port Richey, FL, US

Aug 222016

Tahoe LTZ V8

The AC stopped working in the front and then the rear. It was low on freon. Then a week later it completely blew hot and brought to dealer. They fixed it and it stopped working 3 days later. Of course they say AC is another part they didn't repair. Total cost is $1600. Will never purchase another Tahoe again. I have had the sunroof leak, console fall apart and trim come off. This is my second 2015 Tahoe because the first one's steering column locked up. This is the worst SUV I have ever owned. For $63,000 I expect more than this. The dealers are so backed up in service because Chevy is junk I had to bring it to GMC for repairs after suffering in heat of 100 degrees for two weeks. No thanks, never again will I buy Chevy and to think I was once a loyal customer and that's all I drove. My neighbors both owned Chevy suburbans and have had similar AC problems, they both got rid of their suburbans also.

- Telesia B., Des Allemands, LA, USA

Mar 052015

Tahoe LT

Purchased 2015 Tahoe for over 60k and the Heat/Ac does not work properly. When it is 50 degrees or lower and I have the fan on or off, the temperature that comes into the cabin through the vents is extremely HOT. When I turn on the fan the A/C automatically comes on.

A/C should not be the Default! If I left it on when I shut the car off, I understand, but when the a/c button is off and I restart the car, push the on/off button to on - the A/C comes on. The A/C is very slow to cool and sometimes stops blowing cold air.

I have had this problem looked at by the dealer and they say no code came up. I brought it back and had them look at it again and they said they found the AC line had a leak and they fixed it. I found it odd that a leak in the A/C line would make the fan blow Hot air, but they said that would fix it. BUT IT DID NOT. Same Problem right out of the dealership.

Long Island, NY

- Barbara T., Bohemia, NY, USA

Dec 182015

Tahoe 5.3L

air/heat controls change up and down when cold

On cold starts the ac/heater temps and fan speeds change on their own, even after trying to change auto,sync or speeds, turning key off. Usually keeps changing up and down for about an hour.

2 dealers say if no error code or check engine light there is no history recorded so they can only try and reproduce the problem. Disconnected both batteries to reset the truck with no changes.

- Howard S., Kempner, TX, USA