2015 Chrysler 200 transmission problems: jerking when accelerating/not accelerating

Jerking When Accelerating/Not Accelerating

2015 Chrysler 200 (Page 1 of 2)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Chrysler 200 carries the torch of "never buy the 1st year of a new vehicle generation" with pride.

The 2015 model year is the first year of the Chrysler 200's 2nd generation. It has been plagued by problems from the start. Transmission failure at extremely low mileage, many recalls, problems stalling while driving... the list goes on. Maybe Chrysler should have stuck with the 1st generation.

9.0

$250

2. dealer says they reflashed the throttle ??? and transmission (2 reports)
  3. replace transmission (2 reports)
2015 Chrysler 200 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 272016

200 Limited

I BOUGHT THIS CAR IN NOVEMBER OF 2016. I DROVE THIS CAR OFF THE LOT AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON, SO I CALLED THE DEALERSHIP AND THEY TOLD ME TO BRING IT BACK IN. I DID AND THEY REPLACED THE TRANSMISSION WIRING HARNESS. THEY SAID THAT SHOULD FIX THE PROBLEM. I DROVE IT OFF THE LOT AGAIN AND THE LIGHT CAME BACK ON AGAIN. SO I CALLED THEM BACK AND THIS TIME THEY REPLACED IT AGAIN. IT DID NOT WORK SO I CALLED THEM BACK. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I TOOK IT IN AND THEY PUT IN A TRANSMISSION IN IT. THEY SAID THAT SHOULD FIX IT.

2 DAYS LATER IT STARTED JERKING AND SHIFTING HARD SO I CALLED CHRYSLER AND THEY TOLD ME TO TAKE IT TO THEIR DEALERSHIP FOR TESTING. THE MECHANIC SAID THAT IT DIDN'T SOUND RIGHT. THEY CALLED CHRYSLER. CHRYSLER SAID THEY WOULD TRY AND FIX IT, SO I LEFT IT WITH THEM. MY CAR HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP FOR THE SAME THING 20 TIMES ALREADY.

I START INVESTIGATING IT AND COME TO FIND OUT THAT ON THE CHRYSLER WEBSITE THEY ANNOUNCED THAT CHRYSLER HAD NO FIX TO THIS PROBLEM. ALL THEY COULD DO IS REPLACE THE TRANSMISSION. I KEPT DIGGING AND FOUND OUT THAT THERE HAS BEEN A FEW DEATHS OVER THIS CAR BEING UNSAFE ...SO MY THOUGHT TO THIS IS NOT ONLY IS IT CHRYSLERS PROBLEM BUT IT SHOULD FALL ON NHTSA AS WELL FOR NOT MAKING CHRYSLER RECALL THESE CARS.....

THIS CAR IS NOT SAFE AT ALL.....

- Grace L., Jacksonville, AL, US

Jan 152015

200 LS 4cy

After having my car only 2-3 months I noticed it jerked or didn't accelerate as it should. I reported it to the dealer at oil change and was told there was not an issue. I took it to another dealership and had the oil changed 5 months later and was told the same thing. After looking at this I find there was a recall on this issue. Almost 15,000 miles later, it seems to have been corrected with the recall that was completed. I will NEVER purchase another Chrysler. What happened to cars being built with good quality

- treasah, North Littlerock, AR, USA

Mar 152017

200 Limited 3.2L

I was driving along and Drive mode, push on gas and "D" start flashing and the car does not want to accelerate. I had to pull over and put the shifter on "N" or "P" and back to "D" and slowly push on gas. The car accelerates. My car has been back to Chrysler several times and its still happening. VERY FRUSTRATING. There is no solution to this problem. Today my car is back to Chrysler. Anyone out there with solution.

I also saw that someone else had this exact same problem their car was stopped. Not only is this annoying, but dangerous. Service department at the dealership said there is nothing they can do because there is not a code they can read to determine the problem.

When it happens again, I will video exactly what happens, take it to them and tell them they need to fix it or replace it.

- Jeff F., North Springfield, US

Jul 012016

200 Limited 2.4L 4-cyl

I purchased my Chrysler 200 in November 2015. When I test drove it was a nice running car, no issues that I could tell at that time. The longer I had the car the more the transmission acted up. When coming to a stop the car would lurch forward hard. This continued to happen more and more as I drove the car.

I called Chrysler's corporate office to complain about this. They said they would set me up with an appointment to take care of the issue. The first person I dealt with had the worst attitude. I called back and complained about him after three different calls where he had little concern for my issue. Eventually I was put in contact with another person to help me out. She was kind, but in the end did nothing to help with the lurching of my car.

The process they put me though was for me to take my car to a dealership, let them look at it and hopefully correct the problem. The first dealership was JT's Dodgeland in Columbia, SC. The person I dealt with (Patrick) there was an ass from the start. When I left he said he updated the software in the car so I should be fine. Later on I went back to talk to him when the issue was still happening but he wasn't there that day. The person I spoke with checked the records and said there was no flash update done to my car when it was there. So Patrick is a liar, great customer service you ass.

I continued to call and complain to Chrysler's corporate office and found this to be a complete waste of time. The next place to told me to take my car was JT's Dodge in Lexington, SC. They kept my car for over a week and got me a rental during this time. When I returned the rental, JT's didn't pay for it so I was getting call about the rental and that I needed to pay for the week I had their car. Eventually I was able to straighten this out and JT's finally paid for the rental. After all that aggravation, my 200 still lurched and it is even worse today.

I wish there were enough people that would be interested in getting a class action law suit started on them. I'd be happy to take part in that. Chrysler needs to take responsibility for the poor product they sold and if they are unable to correct the issue they should take the car back with no strings attached.

- Robert M., Lexington, SC, USA

Jan 202017

200

I recently bought a Chrysler 200 in September of 2016. Ever since I bought the car, I have had the worst experience with the transmission. It is the worst car to drive. I have taken it into the shop 4 times. When I have taken it into the shop, they took my car to Watsonville to test drive it. When I received my car back, there was a smell of cigarettes and the ashes were all over the car. Then to find out there is an oil stain on the roof of my car. Anyways they keep telling me that a code doesn't show up, or we can't verify the problem when testing driving it. I'm fed up. When I slow down to stop it down shifts, but isn't he harshest was possible. It downshifts, but while down shifting the car lunges forward, always making you wonder if you will hit the car in front of you. Always when driving the shifts are hard, and inconsistent. Sometimes when merging on the highway the car won't come out of 3rd gear, so I am stuck at a very high RPM for a very long distance. Or when driving and I wish to speed up and give it more gas, I get no speed-up. Once the it finally shifts I am jolted forward, unexpectedly. Never knowing when it might decide to shift. This is my second Chrysler, and after this experience I will never buy a Chrysler again, poorly made transmission and terrible customer service.

- Justin D., Seaside, CA, USA

Oct 072015

200 LX 2.4L

Soon after we bought the car, the tranmssion started acting poorly so we took it into our dealer where we bought it. Filback found a recall on a wiring harness and replaced it after waiting a week for the part. it did not help the car at all. we took it back again and they flashed the transmission a second time which did not help. shortly after that another recall was announced by fca but filback couldnt get parts so we went to don miller in madison .Again they flashed the transmission and it didnt solve the problem.we now have an active case number with fca and have taken it back to Don Miller for diagnosis and they cant find anything wrong. Fca has said to take it back again.So in a week or so it is returning there for another appointment.I believe it has been there 6 times now for transmission related troubles.I bought a lifetime warranty on the car so we will continue to return it to the dealer .Theire are so many complaints about this i cant understand why there isnt a recall about this. The car jerks so bad when you take off it will spill anything you have in your hand.It however does it occasionaly but it is always when taking off at stop signs or lights

- goplen, Richland Center, WI, USA

Jul 012016

200

I need a reliable car, one that dosen't stop working for no reason

- salexa2556, Middle River, MD, US

Feb 102016

200 LS 3.2L V6

THIS CAR JERKS SO BAD SOMEONE CAN GET WHIPLASH. VERY EMBARRASSING PULLING OUT FROM A INTERSECTION. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO CRASH INTO SOMEONE OR HAVE THEM CRASH INTO ME. IT REALLY NEEDS TO GET FIXED. IT IS A BEAUTIFUL CAR BUT THAT JERKING REALLY NEEDS TO BE FIXED BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT REALLY BAD. A PERSON IS EVEN SCARED TO PASS A CAR IT MIGHT QUIT AND CAUSE AN ACCIDENT. GET FIXED ASAP.

- slaternd, Belcourt, ND, USA

Sep 022016

200 Limited 2.4L

I bought a 2015 Chrysler 200 with only 34,000 miles. I noticed the car jerks and hesitates frequently. I thought because it was a 9 speed transmission, that's how it was supposed to be. I got concerned and made an appointment at the dealer. Still waiting. I'm not a fan of Chrysler, but I like the design of the new 200, so I gave it a shot. Bad idea. I would never buy another Chrysler.

Update from Oct 4, 2016: Well, I took my 2015 Chrysler 200 to the dealer, got it back next day with them saying they couldn't find a problem. I went to Pennsylvania to see my children and on my way back, I ran into heavy traffic. At one time, I stepped on the gas but the car did not move. I depressed the gas pedal again, nothing. All of a sudden, the car shot forward almost causing me to hit the car in front of me. I made it home to Augusta, GA and took it to the dealer. It's been a few days now and I haven't heard from them yet.

- Jerry T., Augusta, GA, USA

Aug 302015

200

I HAVE DRIVEN MANY DIFFERENT CARS BUT THIS ONE IS THE WORST CAR THAT I HAVE DRIVEN!!

- Antonio S., Washington, DC, USA

Oct 092015

200 C 3.6L V6

I started to feel the jerk randomly while the car switched gears. Took it for an oil change and told the dealership/mechanic three different times. Each time when I picked it up, they told me they were unable to see the problem after driving it around. It happens sporadically but when it does, the car feels like it ran into a wall and jerks hard. If I was able to make it happen I would so the mechanic could see. Over the past few days I have noticed it has been occurring more frequently. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse.

- halep1089, Greer, SC, USA

Oct 012015

200

Instead of explaining whats going on with the car i thought I would just post the letter I have sent to everyone! Even after this letter Chrysler still has not helped me with this issue. I am sitting on a 20+K dollar loan that drives like a golf cart. Rene Flanagan

813-507-3213 flanagan.rene@gmail.com

Re: Chrysler 200 VIN #1C3CCCAB4FN698036Unsatisfactory Driving Condition/Safety Concerns/Inadequate Customer Service

4/28/16

To Whom it may concern: Purchased a 2016 Chrysler 200 on April 28, 2015. 1st visit to Jim Browne (MV80386) dealership (10/7/15): Check Engine light on and lightning bolt throttle light on. See attached Invoice #CHCS91583 Resolution: Inspect fluids, inspect/measure thread depth, visual inspection of the air filter, pcv valve, windshield wipers, cooling system for leaks, inspect hoses, inspect drive belts exhaust system, axle boots, shock absorbers and suspension and batter completed.

2nd visit to Courtesy Autogroup (MV 66685) dealership (11/4/15): Transmission concern due to jerking in and out of gear when backing up and driving fast first thing in the am, it’s worse at highway speeds. See attached Invoice #509805. Analysis: Technician discovered during the diagnostic routine the engine control module software is not current. A software flash update is available. Tech also noticed the trans fluid level is down to the absolute lowest range per temperature. 8 of 9 speed transmission fluid was missing. How does this happen to a car that only has 9119 miles on it?? Resolution: Flash updated the engine controller, performed “quicklearn” procedure to the transmission controller. Also, added 8 ounces of trans fluid to raise the level just above minimum specification.

3rd visit to Courtesy Autogroup (MV66685) dealership (11/23/15): Transmission jerks in and out of gear when taking off and when slowing down to stop. Happens after driving 10 miles or more. See attached Invoice #511712. Analysis: Technician verified the Customer concern and then inquired with the Chrysler technical support team. Tech is advised by STAR, to replace the transaxle assembly. Resolution: Replaced the transmission assembly and performed all programming routines to transmission including solenoid learn and “quicklearn.” Multipoint Inspection. Notes are: RL277658AE Trans Kit-With Torque, RL277658AE Core Return, Fluid Automatictransmission RL277658AE.

4th visit to Courtesy Autogroup (MV66685) dealership (3/28/16): Received a phone call from a 3rd party call center stating that it was time for a complimentary multi point inspection. (14169 miles). See attached Invoice #523322. Resolution: Changed engine oil and filter, performed inspection. Also completed a Flash Software for TCM which they felt necessary. Rotated tires. There were no problems with the vehicle at this time until I drove the vehicle off the lot and the jerking of the car began again.

5th visit to Courtesy Autogroup (MV66685) dealership (4/18/16): Transmission concern again for bucking and jerking when slowing down at lower speeds also happens on take-off from a stop. See attached Invoice #525278. Resolution: Another Module update (TCM) Reprogram and Perform.

6th visit to Courtesy Autogroup (MV66685) dealership (4/27/16): Transmission jerks and bucks. Analysis: There is a new “update” for this (See Mark) Resolution: Performed transmission control module and road test.

As you can see with my list above I have done my due-diligence of allowing two different Chrysler dealerships to correct this serious problem that I am having with my car. However, at this time they have not offered appropriate resolution or reasonable accommodations for the problems with this car. The reason for this letter is to serve as notice that something must be done to remedy this ongoing, unsafe, disturbing problem that has been going on with my car. I want you to know that as a company you may want to know that you have employees working for you who show there to be no value in their customers once they have purchased a vehicle from their dealership and driven off the lot.

Chris Duncan, Service Technician, insists on pushing that he receives a “10” for any survey we receive in the mail. However, while he is genuinely friendly, we have dealt with him the most and on 4/27/16 he stated/admitted to not knowing that we received a new transmission during our 3rd visit. The communication that I received during this visit was only that the Torque Converter was replaced but yesterday received paperwork from that same visit showing a replaced transmission. Should they have not communicated this properly that is ok, however, if they did in fact replace this transmission why are we still having the same exact problem as we have from 5 months ago? A Service Manager, Angelo, stated at one time when test driving the vehicle; after the so-called replacement of the transmission (4/18/16); “this is how these cars run because they have 6-8 gears.” This statement is coming from a Service Manager but today I am driving a rental car, same year, same make and model, and it drives smoothly as any car should. Therefore, that statement made by Angelo is false as I am driving this make and model and it surely drives nothing like my car. In addition, should a Service Manager really be ok with saying that to a customer instead of finding a remedy to the problem considering not “all” of those cars have this problem; hence the rental car drove just fine.

A case manager was assigned to me, Dana, who had scheduled for a Level One Service Tech to fly to the dealership where I was to meet him yesterday, 4/27/16 at 8:30am. This appointment was made and confirmed by Dana. I drove myself and my mom to the dealership for this scheduled appointment to be informed that the Level One Service Tech decided not to come. After a brief conversation with Chris we were told to see Mark Beadles, Service Director, who was sitting in his office. He did not welcome us, say hello, and stand up to greet us or address us in any such way. I had to start the conversation and he was rude, short and offensive from the beginning. During our brief conversation my husband, Timothy Flanagan, called me on my cell phone so I place the phone on speaker so Mark could be a part of the conversation and so Tim could hear as well. As Tim explained our frustration to Mark, through the telephone conversation, Mark decided to hang up on him mid conversation. I admit that Tim said the word “hell” during his explanation and maybe Mark found that to be too abrasive, however, he should not only have tried to understand where we are coming from but could have at least asked Tim to calm down to continue the conversation. Instead, with his already existing bad attitude, he hung up on him and told my mother and me to get out of his office. What kind of manager really behaves in that manner? Surely not one who is concerned about a customer! I blankly starred at him with immense surprise that he would speak to two women the way he just did. I asked if he was serious and he repeated himself twice that we must get out of his office. I decided to take the high road and walked out of his office. However, my mom wanted a better explanation so she stayed behind to request one from him. He refused to talk to her anymore, told her to get out and refused to give her his business card although she specifically asked for it. When she reached for his business card on the corner of his desk, he physically reached to grab it before she could…but lost. She was able to reach for it beforehand but I cannot believe a Service Director would behave in that manner and be so disrespectful to two customers who want nothing but to feel like someone actually cares about their situation.

After this meeting took place, Tim called Dana to find out that Mark had given Dana a completely false story regarding that morning’s occurrence. Mark told Dana that he kicked us out because of the construction. The construction did not take place near his office and was not a disturbance or safety issue in any way (I have pictures to show that this construction was on the opposite side of the room). Dana then told Tim that she will be giving him a call back on Friday, 4/29/16 to see how the car is running and will send him a contract stating that we will have a lifetime warranty on this car. I need to mention that a warranty does not FIX the problem that we are having with this car. Again, the safety of me and my family is of the utmost importance and I wish for it to be Chrysler’s as well.

We pay our car payment monthly, we bring our car to the dealership for routine maintenance and we have shown to do what is necessary by driving the car over 20 miles away to this dealership every time they have told us to. Needless to say the inconvenience, money spent for gas and time off work and the frustration alone needs to come to an end. This car was bought brand new; less than 10 miles but it has had problems since six months after the purchase. $25K vehicle and no one has shown any concern for our customer satisfaction and most importantly our safety!

Timothy and I are very reasonable people and are only asking for a better solution than what has been offered to us. In fact, NOTHING has been offered to us. It is as though we are blatenley being told to suck it up and that’s just how this car is supposed to be. I would like to have more faith in the customer service of your company, however, I am yet to see or feel that genuine customer quality care that I have seen or heard of other companies.

This letter serves as our intent to request one final and reasonable accommodation for the inconvenience, frustration, gas and miles from all of the travels back and forth to your dealership and mostly for the immense lack of communication and customer service from your dealership. You will find all of the invoices attached in addition to the pictures of Mark’s office. I have also included some similar reviews that may, or may not, peak your interest as we are obviously not the only unsatisfied customers with your Chrysler 200. Regards,

Rene Flanagan Enclosure CC: Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge Dealership, Tampa, FL 33619 State of Attorney General Office, Tallahassee, FL 32399 Doug Betts, Senior Vice President, Auburn Hills, MI 48321 Better Business Bureau, Arlington, VA 22201 Sergio Marchionne, Chairman/CEO, Auburn Hills, MI 48321 Chrysler Headquarters, Auburn Hills, MI 48321 Customer Relations, Auburn Hills, MI 48321

- Rene F., Tampa, FL, USA

Feb 012016

200 S 2.4L

THE SAME PROBLEM EXISTS AND I AM GETTING MORE AGGRAVATED WITH THIS PROBLEM. AGAIN WE CANNOT GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED AND IT WILL HAVE TO GO IN AGAIN. I WAS TOLD THAT THERE IS ANOTHER FIX COMING DOWN THE LINE THAT SHOULD FIX THE PROBLEM WILL WAIT FOR THAT ONE.

200 S 2.4L

THIS PROBLEM STARTED IN DECEMBER AND HAS BEEN THROUGH NOW THREE FIXES THAT HAVE NOT WORKED. THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF. I WAS SOLD THIS CAR BECAUSE MY JEEP DID THE SAME PROBLEM AND THEY WANTED TO HELP ME BUT THEY HAVE GIVEN ME A CAR WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. I REALLY DONT FEEL SAFE IN THIS CAR NOR DO I WANT IT ANY MORE. I WANT OUT OF THIS CAR.

200 S 2.4L

THIS PROBLEM STILL EXISTS NOW WE HAVE BEEN TO THE DEALER 4 TIMES FOR THE SAME ISSUE. I DONT SEE THEM FIXING THIS. I AM AT MY WITS END ON THIS ISSUE. I REALLY DO NOT LIKE THE RIDE IN THIS CAR AND FEEL LIKE I DONT EVEN WANT TO DRIVE IT ANY MORE. I FEEL THAT I AM PAYING TOP DOLLAR FOR A CAR IT SHOULD WORK AND RIDE FOR THE FIRST THREE YEARS LIKE A NEW CAR SHOULD. THE DEALER AND THE CORPORATE CHRYSLER OFFICE HAVE SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT THE RIDE OF THE CAR. THEY ARE SAYING THIS IS HOW THE CAR DRIVES. MY QUESTION HAS BEEN IF THIS DROVE LIKE THIS WHEN I DROVE IT I WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT THE CAR.

Mar 262016

200 C

Boooooo Chrysler you are so dumb! I don't know what they did to my car but it's somehow WORSE than before. I took it in for the first oil change, they also said there were some software updates (one of which should make the car drive better haha) and recalls to do. I waited two hours or so for them to basically ruin my car. When I left the dealer I noticed some very noticeable jerking/jolting/jumping every time I slowed to a stop. I took the car back a few days later and they did some sort of computer learning thing on it that I guess is supposed to teach the car how to shift? It was confusing to me. Left the dealer after having it there all day and the problem is exactly the same if not worse. I notice now harder shifting not just when downshifting but also upshifting...soooo annoying! I'm taking it back a 3rd time but not feeling very hopeful about it after seeing some people had their transmissions replaced. GEE WIZ GUYS. I will say the people working there are really nice about it and everything and got me a newer 200 loaner car (which drove better than mine). Said there is supposedly another update in the works but that the one they already did usually make the cars drive better. I was not so lucky.

- Holly Z., Saint Louis, MO, US

200

I have taken this to a regular mechanic who will not touch it cause the car is warranted they said something is wrong have taken it to 2 Chrysler dealers. they tell me it is normal cause of an upgrade. bull, a woman crossing the street I stopped, the car kicked she thought I was going to hit her cause the car moved something is wrong & I am getting a bull story. I have never had a car from Chrysler do this. It's a pain in the ass annoying & it hurts my back every time the transmission kicks. FIX IT

- rosita, Little Egg Harbor, NJ, USA

Feb 152016

200 LX 2.4L

• CVT transmission

had the check engine light come on a second time after the car stalled in a major intersection. Still hesitating. Dealer said that the thermostat was stuck open causing the car to run too cold and shift ruff. Still hesitating and shifting ruff.

- rlc403r, Vancouver, WA, US

Mar 182015

200 C 2.4L

Time to add another Chrysler 200c transmission to the land fill. I too experienced all the complaints listed with the jerky transmission shortly after taking receipt of the car. Finally after six visits to the dealer I got the call an hour ago that my new transmission is on order. Too bad we had to go this route but this transmission like most of the other consumers here have stated is a piece of junk.

Had it flashed four times in addition to the transmission module being replaced and a new wiring harness - all for nothing. The sad this is for a week or two after getting it back each time it ran great before all the jerkiness returned. The shifts were so harsh that it would whip your head back through the first three gears. Then there was the putting it into reverse where after a very pronounced "clunk" would happen. Sometimes I thought the transmission had fallen out of the engine compartment it was so harsh. My favorite issue was coming to a stop. It would stay in third gear just before coming to a complete stop and then shift to first gear with the usual "clunk" and the lurch forward.

Last month when I had it it for its routine "flash", the technician recommended a transmission replacement, but after three days of waiting, Chrysler declined the request and just opted for another flash along with some other adjustments.

So here I am 11 months and 8,100 miles later awaiting the arrival and installation of my new transmission. The killer is I get a stripped 2015 Chrysler 200 for a rental car and the thing runs like a champ unlike my 200c! Incredible....

My 2016 New Years resolution - never buy another Chrysler; I'll stick to GM.

- Greg D., Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Nov 212015

200 Limited 4 cyl

Took my perfectly driving 200 in for an oil service and tire rotation. The dealer also stated there was a software update (no detailed explanation so I assumed it was the radio security) Nov 21th, 2015. I waited for the service to be completed and upon driving home noticed the car acting weird, the transmission was not down shifting correctly and lunging forward terribly.

I immediately contacted the dealership and they advised the software flash would take 1,000 miles-WHAT? Sounds like bull s**t to me but I drove it over 1500 miles for Christmas in IN with everyone riding along asking what the heck is wrong with my car! I contacted the dealer upon my return and after some excuses and a Service manger with an attitude it now goes back in Jan 9th, 2016 but they are already trying to blow it off.....Drove Perfect till my dealer and FCA screwed it up!

If they even attempt to tell me it needs to reflash or its my driving style I will immediately request a test drive in a new one and video it.

Update from Dec 31, 2015: FCA tells me my car had the TCM and PCM updated when the problem started.

Update from Feb 8, 2016: Well after two more visits......This car still does not down shift correctly without a lurch forward between 2nd and 1st. Some nice pieces of crap you have built in Detroit Chrysler!

- Terry C., Manassas, VA, USA