8.0

$580

1. replace housing (4 reports)
2014 Chrysler Town & Country engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country:

2014 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Oct 012019

Town & Country V6

Noticed oil leaking on the driveway and engine light on, went to have oil changed. Was told Oil housing unit cracked and oil levels undetectable. Also, told they have seen several same year and model vehicles with same issue. Surprised not on a recall. I have looked and not able to find in recall. Will be an expensive fix.

- wongngamnit, Evansville, US

Mar 042019

Town & Country 3.6L

This oil housing problem has been fix once before, now it happened again. Always after oil change. Chrysler has a new model housing now but in the meantime, we the customers eat the cost for this terrible design. The first time was at 88000 miles. I was informed they changed oil filter design. But if you change oil yourself and purchase oil filter, you could be installing the wrong one and that may rupture the housing.

- Ed M., Hudson, FL, US

May 112018

Town & Country 3.6L

Took car back to dealer where oil was changed.. after inspection they honored the 100,000 mile warranty and replaced with new style housing. Very happy with the dealer service group at Tate of Glen Burnie.

- William S., Linthicum Heights, MD, US

May 302016

Town & Country

OIL FILTER HOUSING CRACKED- had the oil changed down in Florida by Chrysler Dealer. Then came back to NY a few weeks later. Stopped in a quick lube because oil pressure was down. Van was acting funny. Jiffy Lube said take it back to dealer. Garden city Jeep/Chrylser picked up the van. The said oil filter housing was cracked. NOT under warranty! Asked why? they said the last person to touch this was jiffy lube. I said NO, it was Chrysler in FL. I broke down by jiffy lube they looked at the van and said they will not touch the van. its under warranty. Garden City refused to fix under the warranty. They wanted $900.

So I found a guy on Craigslist who said they will fix it for me for $350.00 and I buy the parts.. So I spent $125.00 for the oil filter housing and also bought new pelhams. for $25.00. and 5 quarts of oil and oil filter. It took about 3 hours in front of my house. but this Craigslist guy saved my Vehicle. I will never lease another Chrysler or go to that dealership again. Not to mentioned I had to go back to them for something else and they lost my van for 3 days and put 600 miles on it and put a dent on the van. which they did fix the van. but did nothing about my lost mileage.

- Larry S., West Babylon, NY, US