- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Dodge Journeys and Ram Trucks recalls | 7 days ago
- June 20: Dodge Dart Clutch Class-Action Lawsuit a No-Go news | 31 days ago
- May 25: Chrysler Recalls Nearly 5 Million Vehicles For Cruise Control Problems recalls | 57 days ago
- May 23: Driveshafts Could Detach in Dodge Charger Pursuit Police Cars recalls | 59 days ago
- May 22: Transmission Park Lock Rods Cause FCA Recall recalls | 60 days ago
2013 Dodge Dart
CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.
For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.
For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.
2013 Dodge Dart Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Stopped Working18
- Shifting Roughly8
- Service Transmission Light On7
- Over Revving Before Shifting5
- Jumpy Drive And Holds Low R.P.M4
- All Gears Light Up Red2
- Jerky Motion Smoke/Burning Smell2
- Grinding Noise1
- No Reverse1
- Running Roughly In Reverse1
- Transmission Hose Clip Broke Off1
- Transmission Slips & Then Car Won't Restart1
- Transmission Smoking1
- Won't Shift Into First1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Dart Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Dart compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Dart overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Dart.