- November 14: FCA Settles With California Over Alleged Emissions Violations news | 23 days ago
- November 3: Chrysler Reports 3 More Deaths From Exploding Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
- November 2: Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 Recalled recalls | 35 days ago
- October 18: Dodge Dart Clutch Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 50 days ago
- October 17: Chrysler Airbag Lawsuit Filed Over ARC Inflators news | 51 days ago
2013 Dodge Dart
CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.
For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.
For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.
2013 Dodge Dart Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Stopped Working20
- Shifting Roughly9
- Service Transmission Light On8
- Over Revving Before Shifting5
- Jumpy Drive And Holds Low R.P.M4
- Jerky Motion Smoke/Burning Smell3
- Won't Shift Into First3
- "Not In Park" Message2
- All Gears Light Up Red2
- Grinding Noise2
- No Reverse1
- Recall: Transmission Shift Cable Fell Off1
- Running Roughly In Reverse1
- Stuck In 1st Gear1
- Transmission Hose Clip Broke Off1
- Transmission Slips & Then Car Won't Restart1
- Transmission Smoking1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Dart Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Dart compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Dart overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Dart.