1999 Dodge Grand Caravan AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan:

1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jul 312002

Grand Caravan

Customer service would not address our families concerns, suggested if I complained further they would press harrasment charges. No safety defect stated.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

May 122000

The A/C system is inoperative. Nlm

- Sw Ranches, FL, USA

Aug 052000

Grand Caravan

We have been complaining that there is something wrong with the transmisson since September 1999. The dealer said that the computer shows in spec. The speed sensor went and the van could not shift gears. Replaced and failed again taking out the speedometer. Told it was just a lose wire this time. The dealer told me that all 1998-99 vehicles have the same rev of sensor and Chrysler will not replace them until the fail. At the same time the airconditioner failed -told that the condenser failed due to leaves rotting the system. A vacuum hose failed and another one came lose. Now the trans shudders when shifting. Told that the tran is built like this and most people don't notice it. Chrysler is aware of the problem but won't fix it. Dealer suggested that I not keep this vehicle past warranty as it will continue to fail and become costly to me. They also told me my expectations were too high and I should have purchased a foreign vehicle if I wanted reliability. I contacted Chrysler. Their cust service said that they are only concerned with fixing the vehicle and not building customer relations. I was told that managers will not speak to customers. My wife was almost rear ended when the transmission failed and is afraid to drive the vehicle.

- Largo, FL, USA

Aug 151999

Grand Caravan

Everytime my wife and my son (7yrs old) ride on this vehicle when A/C is on, they complaint discomfort, nausea, headaches, dizziness, and son vomited. This incident was reported to poway Dodge started on August 1999. But, we we advised that because its new and the odor will vanish somehow. On October 26, 1999, the odor became stronger and decide to take it to dealer and we were advised that the mildew build up inside the condensation box, the dealer mechanic just applied a lysol spray to counter the odor. On 11/30/99, my wife and son got sick and brought back to dealer's attention, again they applied lysol spray to counter the odor. On 12/16/99 and 12/20/99, was returned to poway Dodge due to causing headaches and dizziness to some passengers. On 3/27/00, my son got sick and vomited inside the van, we brought this incident to dealer's attention again and they applied the same solution. On 7/23/00, while driving on the road while ac is on, my wife and son complaint about the odor and my son insist to open the windows, few seconds later, he fuke. Again, we reported this incident to poway Dodge and we were told to apply lysol spray. This incident has been occurring again and again. May I please request to investigate this problem. I will make myself and the vehicle available at any time for inspection to fix this unsafe and unhealth issues.

- San Diego, CA, USA