- January 19: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 9 days ago
- January 5: Ford Truck Tailgate Recall Satisfies Federal Investigators investigations | 15 days ago
- December 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Investigated As Doors Keep Opening investigations | 25 days ago
- December 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Issued For 600,000 Vehicles recalls | 29 days ago
Ford Recall 19C07:
2019 Ford Explorer
A seat back with an improperly assembled recliner mechanism may have reduced strength and may not adequately restrain an occupant in a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Seats — Front Assembly — Recliner
Seats — Mid/Rear Assembly
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018-2020 F-150 and 2019-2020 F-250, F-350, F-450, and F-550 Super Duty pickup trucks, and 2018-2019 Ford Explorer, 2019-2020 Expedition, and 2020 Escape vehicles equipped with driver and/or passenger's manual front seat back recliner mechanisms. Also included are certain 2020 Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator vehicles equipped with rear outboard seats and manual seat back recliner mechanisms. The recliner mechanisms may be missing the third pawl required for seat back strength, resulting in a loose seat back. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) numbers 202, "Head Restraints" and 207, "Seating Systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and Ford and Lincoln dealers will inspect the seat structure and replace them, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began October 21, 2019. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19C07.
Click a tab for more information.