- February 17: Ford F-150 Automatic Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- February 15: Ford Duratec Lawsuit Over Water Pumps May Be Ending news | 8 days ago
- February 15: Ford Sunroof Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 8 days ago
- February 12: Ford Toe Link Recall Includes Flex, Taurus and Lincoln MKT recalls | 11 days ago
- February 1: Ford Focus and Fiesta Transmission Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 22 days ago
Ford Recall 19C07:
2019 Ford F-150
A seat back with an improperly assembled recliner mechanism may have reduced strength and may not adequately restrain an occupant in a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Seats — Front Assembly — Recliner
Seats — Mid/Rear Assembly
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018-2020 F-150 and 2019-2020 F-250, F-350, F-450, and F-550 Super Duty pickup trucks, and 2018-2019 Ford Explorer, 2019-2020 Expedition, and 2020 Escape vehicles equipped with driver and/or passenger's manual front seat back recliner mechanisms. Also included are certain 2020 Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator vehicles equipped with rear outboard seats and manual seat back recliner mechanisms. The recliner mechanisms may be missing the third pawl required for seat back strength, resulting in a loose seat back. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) numbers 202, "Head Restraints" and 207, "Seating Systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and Ford and Lincoln dealers will inspect the seat structure and replace them, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began October 21, 2019. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19C07.
Click a tab for more information.