- October 18: Ford Recalls 1.3 Million F-150 and Super Duty Trucks recalls | 0 days ago
- October 17: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Recall Needed, Safety Group Says news | 1 days ago
- October 13: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fears Will Be Calmed news | 5 days ago
- September 27: Ford Recalls F-150, F-650 and F-750 Trucks in 3 Recalls recalls | 21 days ago
- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 32 days ago
Power Windows Are Noisy Rolling Up Or Down
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 15,013 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- dealer lubricated window regulator (1 reports)
- replace window regulator assembly (1 reports)
windows / windshield problem