- February 17: Ford F-150 Automatic Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- February 15: Ford Duratec Lawsuit Over Water Pumps May Be Ending news | 3 days ago
- February 15: Ford Sunroof Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 3 days ago
- February 12: Ford Toe Link Recall Includes Flex, Taurus and Lincoln MKT recalls | 6 days ago
- February 1: Ford Focus and Fiesta Transmission Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 17 days ago
Ford Recall 19S38:
2016 Ford Transit
If the coupling fails, the vehicle will not be able to move under its own power and the disconnected driveshaft may impact and damage the brake and fuel lines. Additionally, the separated driveshaft may allow the vehicle to roll if the vehicle is exited when the transmission is in 'Park' but the parking brake is not applied. These scenarios may increase the risk of a crash or injury.
Power Train — Driveline — Driveshaft
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2015-2017 Transit vehicles. This recall includes all full-size Transit vehicles previously recalled under 17V-408 except ones that received mechanical universal joint (u-joint) as a remedy and any 156" or 178" wheelbase Chassis Cab and Cut-Away bodies models. The flexible coupling connecting the transmission to the driveshaft may prematurely fail.
- Ford will notify owners, and as an interim repair, dealers will replace the flexible coupling every 40,000 miles until the final remedy is available. The final remedy will consist of installation of a driveshaft front section equipped with a mechanical u-joint in place of the flexible coupling. These repairs will be made free of charge. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19S38. Note: This recall supersedes recall number 17V-408.
Click a tab for more information.