- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 9 days ago
- October 20: GMC Acadia Shift to Park Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 29 days ago
- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 30 days ago
- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 36 days ago
GMC Recall 49151: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2011 GMC Sierra 1500
An inflator rupture may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2007-2011 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV and Escalade EXT, Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado 1500, Suburban and Tahoe, GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon and Yukon XL vehicles, and 2009-2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and 3500 and GMC Sierra 2500 and 3500 vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Vehicles not originally sold or ever registered in these states are not subject to this safety recall but may be covered under recall 16V-383, depending on the vehicle model year and the vehicle's sale and registration locations. These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules, and used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the front air bags, these inflators may rupture due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- Interim letters informing owners that parts are not yet available were mailed to owners beginning on July 18, 2016. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet Customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 49151.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 29, 2016 Subject: Safety Recalls 49151 and 49152 - Takata Air Bag Inflators IVH Screen Updated in GWM System Customer Advisory Letter Mailing
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Takata Airbag Update Date: June 2, 2016
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Takata Preliminary Recall Dealer Reference Tool Date: June 3, 2016
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - JUNE 2, 2016 TAKATA AIR BAG PRELIMINARY RECALL
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Preliminary Takata Airbag Recall – State of Georgia added to Zone A Date: June 6, 2016 REVISION
- Attachment to Recall Report
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: June 16, 2016 Subject: Preliminary Recalls 16V381 and 16V383 relating to Takata airbag inflators in certain 2007-2011 full-size trucks and SUVs located in certain parts of the United States (“Recalls”)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: February 15, 2017 Subject: Safety Recalls 49151 and 49152 - Takata Air Bag Inflators IVH Screen Updated in GWM System Customer Advisory Letter Mailing
Click a tab for more information.