- May 24: Honda Window Regulator Lawsuit: No Class Action news | 4 days ago
- May 13: Honda Fuel Pump Class Action Lawsuit Says Pumps Fail news | 15 days ago
- May 6: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Issued For Impellers recalls | 22 days ago
- April 6: Honda Oil Dilution Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 52 days ago
- March 13: Isuzu Fuel Tank Rust Won't Be Investigated investigations | 76 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control Module (Tcm, Pcm) Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
1.9hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 86,400 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.