- July 21: Honda CR-V Seating Capacity of Five is False: Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 1 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 27 days ago
- June 4: Malaysia To Punish Owners Who Ignore Takata Airbag Recalls news | 48 days ago
- June 4: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Over Rodent Damage Dismissed news | 48 days ago
NHTSA — Wheels: Cap/Cover/Hub Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 0 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
wheels / hubs problem