- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 16 days ago
- September 28: Honda Recalls Accord and Insight For Rear Camera Problems recalls | 17 days ago
- September 27: Acura TL Driver Says His Takata Airbag Exploded news | 18 days ago
- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 45 days ago
NHTSA — Wheels: Cap/Cover/Hub Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 0 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
wheels / hubs problem