- September 14: Honda Recalls Cars With Airbags That Weren't Installed Correctly recalls | 5 days ago
- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 8 days ago
- September 8: Salvaged Takata Airbag Focus of Karina Dorado Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- September 4: Honda Agrees to $605 Million Takata Airbag Settlement news | 15 days ago
- August 21: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 29 days ago
Radio Keeps "Popping" Off Every Once In A While
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 56,570 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
accessories - interior problem