- February 13: Honda Recalls Passport and Pilot SUVs For Erasable Label Ink recalls | 10 days ago
- February 12: Honda Odyssey EX-L, Touring and Elite Recalled After Fires recalls | 11 days ago
- January 28: Honda CR-V Sensing Lawsuit Says SUVs Suddenly Stop In The Road news | 26 days ago
- January 22: Honda Recalls 2.4 Million Vehicles For Takata NADI Airbags recalls | 32 days ago
- January 1: Tesla Crash in Gardena, California, Investigated By Feds investigations | 53 days ago
Honda Recall Z4J, Y4K:
2018 Honda Odyssey
A damaged parking rod can allow the vehicle to roll when parked, increasing the risk of a crash or injury.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
Electrical System — Battery
- Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Odyssey vehicles. Loose battery terminal connections or a degraded battery may cause the Transmission Control Unit (TCU) to unexpectedly reboot. Upon rebooting, the TCU may shift the transmission to the "Park" position, possibly damaging the parking rod.
- Honda will notify owners, and dealers will ensure the battery terminal connections are secure and will update the TCU software, free of charge. Additionally, the parking rod effectiveness will be checked. The recall began May 31, 2019. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's numbers for this recall are Z4J, Y4K.
Click a tab for more information.