- January 22: Honda Recalls 2.4 Million Vehicles For Takata NADI Airbags recalls | 5 days ago
- January 1: Tesla Crash in Gardena, California, Investigated By Feds investigations | 26 days ago
- December 26: Acura MDX and RDX Loss of Power Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 32 days ago
- December 24: Honda Civic Air Conditioner Lawsuit Filed Over Condensers news | 34 days ago
- December 18: Honda Recalls CR-Vs Over Loose Subframe Bolts recalls | 40 days ago
NHTSA — Communications: Horn Assembly Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's worrying when the top category for 2016 Honda Pilot problems are transmission problems. Owners report jerking when accelerating. Also as the first model year of the redesigned 3rd generation Pilot, it's not a good sign.
Honda released a TSB on October 29 2016 that's possibly related. The TSB deals with a "a judder from the torque converter lock-up clutch ... while driving between 20 and 60 mph" due to deteriorated transmission fluid resulting from "specific driving conditions". In the TSB, Honda states they are developing a software fix to try to keep the transmission fluid temperature within spec.
We are keeping a close eye on this defect trend because if certain driving conditions can affect transmission shifting in the first year of ownership, we'd hate to think what 10+ years will do.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 3,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
accessories - interior problem