2008 Hyundai Sonata brakes NHTSA complaints: Service Brakes, Hydraulic:Switches:Brake Light

NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Switches: Brake Light Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of

2.3

2008 Hyundai Sonata brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Sonata:

2008 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Aug 032011

Sonata 4-cyl

The ESC off light on the dashboard of my 2008 Hyundai Sonata comes on after it has been driven for a few miles. When this occurs, the rear brake lights stop working. If I shut the engine off and restart the car, the ESC off light is unlit and the brake lights function normally. I understand there was a recall on 2006 and 2007 Sonatas for this very problem (NHTSA campaign id number: 09V280000) that involved a defective stop lamp switch. My car is out of warranty and I must fix this problem as soon as possible due to extreme safety concerns for my family.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA