- March 8: Hyundai Sonata Recall Includes 5,000 Model Year 2020 Cars recalls | 32 days ago
- March 5: Hyundai Sonata Fuel Line Recall Ordered After Fuel Leaks recalls | 35 days ago
- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 52 days ago
- February 8: Hyundai Elantra and Elantra Touring Cars Recalled After Fires recalls | 61 days ago
- February 3: Hyundai Kona Recall Issued Over Axle Weight Labels recalls | 66 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: Turbo-Charger Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 20,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.