- November 14: Hyundai Sonata Brake Lawsuit Will Not Stop news | 10 days ago
- October 29: Sunroof Airbags May One Day Protect You in Rollover Crashes news | 26 days ago
- October 28: Investigation Closed Into Hyundai Sonata Seat Belt Problems investigations | 27 days ago
- October 19: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas and Sonata Hybrids For 2nd Time recalls | 36 days ago
- October 5: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe SUVs That May Need New Engines recalls | 50 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: Turbo-Charger Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 20,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.