2008 Kia Sportage seat belts / air bags NHTSA complaints: Air Bags

NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2008 Kia Sportage seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Sportage:

2008 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Jan 022015

Sportage

Air bag sing on.I talk to Kia services they told me I have to pay $129 for just check up.my car millege only 80K.I feel not comfortable at all.

- Gloucester, NJ, USA

Jun 182011

Sportage

The airbag warning light has come on while car is running.

- Windsor, CO, USA

Jun 272016

Sportage

The contact owns a 2008 Kia Sportage. While driving 30 mph, the clockspring malfunctioned without warning and the air bag light remained illuminated. The vehicle was diagnosed as needing the clockspring replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 154,000.

- Zephyr Hills, FL, USA

Aug 292014

Sportage 4-cyl

Another vehicle turned in front of me and my car impacted the other vehicles passenger side. There was no air bag deployment. My Kia Sportage was declared totaled.

- Denver, CO, USA