- July 6: Mazda Recalls 270,000 Mazda6, Mazdaspeed6 and MPV Vehicles recalls | 13 days ago
- June 27: Mazda Recalls Its 2018 CX-5 For Airbag Problems recalls | 22 days ago
- May 25: Mazda6 Subframe Corrosion Investigated By Feds investigations | 55 days ago
Mazda Recall 2018A: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Explode
2009 Mazda RX-8
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling 2010 Mazda RX-8 vehicles sold, or ever registered, in the states of Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia or "Zone B." Additionally, unless covered under "Zone B" Mazda is recalling certain 2009 RX-8 vehicles ever registered in the states of Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming or "Zone C." These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag, these inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger air bag inflator with an alternate one, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin March 2018. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500. Mazda's number for this recall is 2018A.
- Documents (7)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Miscellaneous Document - PARTS AND WARRANTY INFORMATION Safety Recall 2018A
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- January 10, 2018 - Announcement of Expanded Model Years for Takata Air Bag Safety Recalls
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- March 2, 2018
Click a tab for more information.