- February 19: Mercedes-Benz eCall System Problems Cause Recall recalls | 4 days ago
- February 6: Mercedes-Benz Recalls A220 Cars For Rearview Camera Problems recalls | 17 days ago
- January 12: Mercedes-Benz Recalls E-Class Vehicles For Airbag Problems recalls | 42 days ago
- January 12: Mercedes-Benz S560 and S450 Cars Recalled To Replace Brakes recalls | 42 days ago
- January 4: Mercedes-Benz Sunroof Glass Problems Cause Recall recalls | 50 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall VS2SCHRALU:
2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris
Loss of power steering assist would require a higher steering effort, especially at lower speeds, which may increase the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- Daimler Vans USA, LLC (DVUSA) is recalling certain 2016-2017 Metris vehicles sold, or ever registered in Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia and Wisconsin. The aluminum bolts that attach the power steering gear assist motor to the gear housing may corrode and fracture causing a reduction or complete loss of power steering assist.
- DVUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the aluminum bolts with steels bolts, free of charge. DTNA issued owners an interim notification on June 3, 2019. The recall began November 15, 2019. Owners may contact DVUSA customer service at 1-877-762-8267. DVUSA's number for this recall is VS2SCHRALU.
Click a tab for more information.