- August 2: Mercedes-Benz Recalls Vehicles With Active Brake Assist recalls | 22 days ago
- July 13: Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S Cars Recalled to Replace Driveshafts recalls | 42 days ago
- July 13: Mercedes-Benz GLE SUVs May Have Holes in the Floors recalls | 42 days ago
- June 24: Mercedes-Benz Metris Fuel Hose Investigation Closed investigations | 61 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2019040024: Active Driving System May Not Detect Hands Off
2018 Mercedes-Benz S450
If the system remains active despite the driver not having their hands on the wheel, the driver's inattention may increase the risk of crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
Lane Departure — Lane Keep — Automatic Steering
Lane Departure — Lane Keep — Steering Assist
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. (Mercedes) is recalling certain 2018 S450 4MATIC, S560 4MATIC Coupe, S63 AMG 4MATIC Coupe, Maybach S560 4MATIC, S560 4MATIC, S63 AMG and S63 AMG 4MATIC Cabrio vehicles. The Hands-off-Detection system may malfunction, causing the Active Steering Assist system to remain engaged despite the driver's hands not being on the steering wheel for a prolonged period of time.
- Mercedes has notified owners, and dealers will update the software of the steering control unit, free of charge. The recall began May 13, 2019. Owners may contact Mercedes customer service at 1-800-367-6372. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2019040024.
Click a tab for more information.