- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 0 days ago
- January 7: Subaru Investigated in Japan Over Mileage Claims news | 10 days ago
- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 17 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 20 days ago
- December 17: Nissan Transmission (CVT) Class-Action Lawsuit Filed news | 31 days ago
Steering Wheel Lock Failure
2009 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 23)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 88,383 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 447 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace steering wheel lock (165 reports)
- not sure (107 reports)
- replace steering lock controller unit (97 reports)
- make it recall (24 reports)
- replace electronic steering wheel column (12 reports)
- replace brake switch (8 reports)
accessories - interior problem