CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Altima has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.

It's an expensive repair at nearly $2,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.

1.6

2012 Nissan Altima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Altima:

2012 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Apr 012017

Altima

I just recently replaced the battery in my 2012 Nissan Altima and now I am having the following problems: Gauge cluster is not working at all (engine temp, RPM, speedometer, gas). Everything else is working fine. I had all the fuses checked and all are working properly. I took to dealer, they are saying replace instrument cluster, program and retest for BCM failure(2 concerns-inst cluster no comm, power and ground present, U1000 and can system diag failed cluster can not get mileage) retest for BCM failure after install cluster is replaced (2nd concern is car is hard to turn on and off need to replace cluster and retest for possible BCM failure. My car was fine 1 week ago and passed the state safety inspection on 03/25/2017 at a certified inspection place. I have proof of all those copies it is truly manufacture ( Nissan ) problem with kind of vehicle manufacturing practice. I would never buy another Nissan in my life.

- Richardson, TX, USA

Aug 312016

Altima

My 2012 Nissan Altima drove home fine when I got in the car the next morning the car would not start. Had it towed to Nissan after looking on you tube where there were many complaints and a way to rig it. I got there and they said the car brain was fried. The eoc the computer. This car is 4 years old and it cost $1380 dollars to fix! my 14 year old car computer holds better than that! why is this thing not a recall?

- Memphis, TN, USA