- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 6 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 8 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 20 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 68 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 68 days ago
NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.
When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.
If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).
2.1hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 75,300 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: