- December 22: 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera Recalled For Hazard Light Failures recalls | 31 days ago
- December 20: Porsche Recalls 911 and Cayman Vehicles For Child Seat Issues recalls | 33 days ago
- November 1: Porsche Cayenne and Panamera Brake Pad Warnings May Fail recalls | 82 days ago
Porsche Recall AKB4:
2016 Porsche 911
Deactivated air bags increase the risk of injury. Inadvertent deployment of the air bags increase the risk of a crash.
Air Bags — Air Bag Control Module
- Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (Porsche) is recalling certain 2016-2017 911 and Boxster, 2016 Cayman and Panamera vehicles. The air bag Electronic Control Unit (ECU) may have a defective power supply capacitor that can result in air bag deactivation or inadvertent deployment of the air bags.
- Porsche will notify owners, and dealers will install new software and replace the air bag ECU as necessary, free of charge. Interim notices informing owners of the safety risk were mailed September 13, 2019. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy becomes available. Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche's number for this recall is AKB4.
Click a tab for more information.