- April 8: Chrysler Radio Software Recall Affects 365,000 Vehicles recalls | 1 days ago
- April 1: Chrysler 'Pentastar Tick' Lawsuit Says Warranty Is Faulty news | 8 days ago
- March 30: Jeep Hacking Lawsuit Dismissed news | 10 days ago
- March 30: GM CP4 Class Action Lawsuit Moves Ahead news | 10 days ago
- March 25: Ford E-Series Recall Ordered For Stalled Engines recalls | 15 days ago
Ram Recall V44:
2018 Ram 3500
If the tailgate opens while the vehicle is being driven, cargo may fall out the vehicle and create a road hazard, increasing the risk of crash.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Tailgate — Latch
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2015-2017 Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickup trucks equipped with an 8 foot bed and a power locking tailgate. Chrysler is also recalling all 2013-2014 and 2018 Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickup trucks built before April 1, 2018 with a 6 or 8 foot bed and a power locking tailgate. On August 29, 2019 Chrysler expanded the recall to include an additional 693,128 model year 2013-2014 Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickup trucks. The tailgate actuator limiter tab may fracture and cause the tailgate to unlatch and open while driving.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will repair the tailgate latch, free of charge. The recall began May 23, 2019. Chrysler is expected to notify owners of the expanded population on October 18, 2019. Owners may contact FCA US customer service at 1-800-853-1403. FCA US's number for this recall is V44. Note: 2015-2017 MY Ram 1500 pickup trucks with truck beds other than 8 foot, are currently covered under NHTSA recall 18V-486 for this issue.
Click a tab for more information.