- March 7: Kobe Steel Class-Action Lawsuit Includes Toyota news | 14 days ago
- March 7: Toyota Prius Windshield Cracks Cause Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- March 6: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Equipped With 10-Spoke Wheels recalls | 15 days ago
- February 25: Rear Crash Test Ratings Show Prevention Systems Work news | 24 days ago
- February 20: Toyota Recalls Sequoia and Tundra For Seat and Stability Problems recalls | 29 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock: Abs Warning Light Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
2.4hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 63,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.