NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

2002 Acura CL engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Acura CL:

2002 Acura CL Owner Comments

Apr 252011

CL 6-cyl

For a couple days my car would begin stalling while I was driving on the highway. I felt like it slowed down to shift out of gear but never completely shifted. Then, one day when I was driving, on my way home my car slipped out of gear completely and I couldn't drive forward. My car only allowed me to go in reverse. 2after allowing it to sit for a while it would drive but while trying to drive home it constantly slipped out of gear which was very dangerous especially when it happened at an intersection.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Aug 252002

CL

Car started free revving and erratically upshifting and downshifting with hard jerks. All malfunction indicators lit up. Almost lost control on the freeway. Was told transmission is shot on a car that is a bit over a year old and less than 000miles. Poor service from dealer.

- Studio City, CA, USA

Apr 172002

CL

While driving there will be sudden accelaration without applying gas, all lights on dash board light up and vehicle will not go over 1000 RPM. Which was caused by transmission being shot.

- Miami, FL, USA