Transmission Failure

1. replace transmission (2 reports)
2003 Acura CL transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Acura CL:

2003 Acura CL Owner Comments

Oct 012014

CL S-Type 3.2L V6

I am a beyond frustrated owner of a 2003 Acura 3.2CL (S-Type). I bought this car in 2007 with less then 20,000 miles on it and felt great about the purchase since Acura/Honda has a reputation for dependable, long lasting, well made cars that hold their value. About 8 days ago on my way to work, I pressed the gas to accelerate into another lane and it was like I put my car in neutral. I pressed the gas pedal and my car just would not go but instead revved up to 7k RPM's. I went from going 65mph to 45mph then down to less than 5mph in a matter of seconds. This all occurred in the middle lane of a major interstate during rush hour traffic. I have no idea how I managed to get across 3 lanes to the shoulder of the road without being rear ended. Cars were literally swerving in all directions to avoid hitting me. I got the car towed to a repair shop and was told that my transmission needed to be replaced and was quoted over $3000. I guess he could hear the disbelief in my voice and told me that I was the lucky owner of the make and model of Acura that had known transmission problems and told me to research it myself which I did for the next 3 days.. needless to say I am pissed off. Hundreds and thousands of people are in the same boat as I am. Acura told me that this was my problem and that there was nothing they could do as they have done to so many others. I now have the choice to buy a new car with no trade in because my freaking car is worth nothing at this point, or I can spend $3K on the car to replace the transmission. There may be no recourse for me in this really crappy situation but I will NEVER buy another Acura or Honda and will make sure that anyone and everyone that I know NEVER buys one either.

- , Nashville, TN, USA

Dec 222011

CL S 3.2L

I owned hondas and acuras all my life after the wheel ripping off my honda accord and my kids being in my car, i was going to go with nissan. but i sat there and stood by honda and bought an acura cl. now after 2 trannys im screwed once again by honda. dont buy a honda. stay away. im going to the media with this

- , Hartford, CT, USA