3.6

2013 Acura ILX drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Acura ILX:

2013 Acura ILX Owner Comments

Mar 082016

ILX

I had a very scary experience that made me feel like the car was in control of me. While accelerating onto the highway, I used the paddle shifters to upshift while I depressed the accelerator. The engine began to rev high and accelerate even with my foot off of the pedal. The display showing which gear it was in appeared to move up and down as the car jerked and lunged. The car would not slow down as expected with the brake pressed. I managed to get around the traffic ahead of me and I exited the highway at the next exit (about 1/4 mile total) and was able to slow the car down and turn the car off. When I turned the car back on, the engine was revving very high and the brake pedal was stuck down. The rpms were stuck at around 5000rpm.after calling for roadside assistance, the car restarted with no problem present.

- Bronxville, NY, USA