NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2013 Acura ILX fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Acura ILX:

2013 Acura ILX Owner Comments

Dec 152013

Upon filling my 2013 Acura Ilx, I would get back into the car and the cabin smelled like I spilled gas in the back seat. This happened on multiple occasions and there was a gray streak from the fender about 3 inches wide to it tapering to about an inch when it ended at the bottom of the fender/bumper area. I took my car to the dealership three times and the car was never tested under the conditions of when I had the issues. They did all the other tests except the one that caused the problem, the very bad gas fume smells in the cabin of the car. If I lit a match, that car would have blown up, easily, that's how bad the problem is with this car. The 2013 Acura Ilx is the sister vehicle of Honda civic. The Honda civic was recalled for the model years 2011 and 2012 for fuel system issues which mimicked what I went through with this 2013 Acura Ilx. I turned that Acura in early and did not fulfill the terms of my lease due to this dangerous car. I finally got fed up with the dealership not testing my car when the issue arose with me and them telling me that the car was safe. That was totally incorrect. This 2013 Acura Ilx had an incredibly bad problem with the fuel system. I turned the car in early by having it towed to the dealership after the last fuel smell in the cabin. I refused to drive that car again. I had my disabled wife drop me off to trade the car in to the dealership. The dealership would not work with me nor would Honda America/Acura. I traded in the 2013 Acura Ilx to replace it with a Hyundai sonata, which the same dealership group had a dealership. The car was driven over to the Hyundai dealership and I was told that I had to walk 2 blocks down the 6 lane road. I am very disappointed in both american Honda and Acura as they will not work with me whatsoever. I am an unhappy former Acura Ilx owner and wish this problem be investigated.

- Cleves, OH, USA