NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

7.3

2013 Acura ILX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Acura ILX:

2013 Acura ILX Owner Comments

Aug 222016

ILX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Acura Ilx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Burlington, NC, USA

Sep 212016

ILX

The contact owns a 2013 Acura Ilx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced any failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms remedy not yet available.

- Monsey, NY, USA

Sep 052016

ILX

Takata recall: Status as 09/05/16 "remedy not yet available ". this is an unacceptable length of time for issue resolution. Provide remedy by 09/30/16.

- Cleveland Heights, OH, USA

Aug 302016

ILX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Acura Ilx. The contact received notification in March of 2016 regarding NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Jan 062016

ILX

Takata recall...I have not received information about Acura replacing the air bags.

- Valrico, FL, USA

Aug 032016

ILX

The contact owns a 2013 Acura Ilx. The contact received a recall notification for the air bags; however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The NHTSA campaign number was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Apr 142016

ILX

Takata recall. Acura called me mid April stating that parts had been ordered to fix the recalled airbags of my car. I called in July to determine when the parts would be in and they said they didn't know. That was over 90 days ago. I'm starting to wonder if Acura really has the parts available.

- Maple Valley, WA, USA

Apr 182016

ILX

Takata recall - I have a received a letter from Acura from March 2016 advising of the safety recall of airbags. The Acura website advises to "please contact an authorized Honda or Acura dealership immediately to schedule an appointment to have your vehicle repaired". but the dealership advises they do not have the parts & cannot advise a more accurate timeframe of when I can schedule an appointment to get the issue rectified. It has been 3 months since I first received the letter, but the standard response I receive is "it will be sometime during June & August". I have also logged a formal case for my inquiry (case# 04619491) on Apr 18, 2016 but have not received any further follow ups. It just does not seem that Acura is treating this issue with urgency & have been very complacent, as I have received no additional new updates. Please enforce Acura to deal with this matter more urgently & expedite a resolution - awaiting over 3 months with no new progress updates is simply unacceptable.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Apr 152016

ILX

Takata recalls- contacted dealer three times, they never followed up with when I can have my airbags fixed

- Mamaroneck, NY, USA

Mar 242016

ILX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Acura Ilx. The contact stated that the parts were not available for NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000(air bags) and was placed on a waiting list. The contact had been waiting for several months for the parts to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Covington, LA, USA

Apr 012016

ILX 4-cyl

2013 Acura Ilx. Consumer writes in regards to parts not available to repair airbag recall notice.

- Boston, MA, USA

Mar 162016

ILX

Takata recall: It was my first " new car". it had great sentimental value. Even though it was a lease I had intended on keeping it at the end of Oct.2016the biggest letdown however is how Acura has handled the takata airbag recall. I find it hard to believe no one knew about the recall prior to March 2016 I first was notified about the recall and started hearing about the deaths and accidents associated with the takata airbag recall. When I first called "Acura client relations" and asked about the situation, knowing they were to put me in a safe vehicle at my request, I was told I would receive a phone call with 24 hours. No one called me back. April 9 I decided to visit Acura of the desert to talk to a manager in person about this issue. The manager seemed happy enough to up sell me into a 2016 Acura Ilx but made no mention of providing me with an option of a rental, and told me I would be getting a call from a sales person the next day with some pricing ( monthly) payments if I decided to trade my Ilx in for the 2016. The bottom line is I never heard back from anyone the next day, again. I was left to believe that Acura simply doesn't care or follow through and is too concerned with money and the sale than the safety and their loyalty of their customers I learned very quickly at least in the last year that Acura does the minimum and hopes you don't realize when there are problems. I went to Lexus, across the street from the Acura dealership after not hearing from them for the second time -had to pay $1500 down and leased a safe vehicle due to Acura's inability and ineffective communication skills; what they didn't realize is that they are dealing with a commuting, working mother of 3 who is trying her best to make decisions for her and her family's safety. I am sorry this happened and realize you don't have the parts to fix the recalled airbags until summer.

- Palm Desert, CA, USA

Mar 142016

ILX

Takata recall: I feel that Acura is not sufficiently remedying the problem. I have contacted my Acura client relations case manager on multiple occasions since receiving my original notice on March 14, and have not received a call back. I coordinated with my Acura dealer a loaner car, but they put me in a non-comparable enterprise rental car. I was also coerced into agreeing to store the recalled vehicle on my own because the dealer doesn't have space to store it for the 2-3 months while the part is being produced. Additionally, I am making significant car payments during this period of time which warrant me being supplied a comparable vehicle.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Mar 212016

ILX

Takata recall the complaint I have is that none of the dealerships in the area are able to help fix the recalled issue. I got a letter in the mail stating this airbag issue has "killed and injured vehicle drivers" in the past; hence, this needs to be fixed immediately. I called elite Acura in maple shade, NJ and they said they've heard no info regarding the fix for this issue. Another dealership at least just told me the parts are on back order. Is there any way to get this fix expedited? I don't feel safe driving my car.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Oct 162015

ILX 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Acura Ilx. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle had not experienced a failure. The contact stated that the failure recurred intermittently. The contact later received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 05/18/16 updated 05/19/16.

- Groton, CT, USA