7.4

2013 Acura ILX suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Acura ILX:

2013 Acura ILX Owner Comments

Aug 162014

ILX 4-cyl

I went over a minor bump on a freeway, a route that I often take by myself, but this time I had 2 passengers with me. There was no hole on the freeway, just a very small incline. After driving over it, we literally shot up on our seats, the top of our heads hitting the roof. There was zero dampening effects. This was a scary event. I typically drive by myself going to work and could feel a very rough ride over minor road bumps. With passengers in tow, the ride over these bumps become unbearable.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Feb 282013

ILX 4-cyl

Since one week after I purchased the Acura Ilx (car was new), I have heard a rattling, bumping sound coming from either the front or middle of the underneath area of the car. I have taken it to the Acura dealership where I purchased the vehicle and they tried 4 times to fix it, and although the dealership was very accommodating, they were unable to fix the vehicle and the sound remained unchanged. One of the times the vehicle was with them for over a month. The answer I received was that Acura is aware of the problem, they think it is the engine mount, but no fix is yet in sight. When I did an internet search of "Acura Ilx noise" I discovered that the acurazine (Ilx.acurazine.com) website had many reviews by individuals who have purchased the Ilx new and have the same problem. The sound has become progressively worse in the year I have had it and I am very concerned of the safety of this car, especially when driving the freeway. I had initially thought about turning the car over under the lemon law (I live in Nevada), but I was assured by Acura the problem would be fixed.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA