NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems

2016 Acura ILX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Acura ILX:

2016 Acura ILX Owner Comments

Mar 252016

2016 Acura Ilx 1. breaks squeal when coming to a stop. Dealership stated they replaced the rotors with a more industrial rotor. Although there is no recall, the dealership stated its becoming a common complaint for the Ilx. Seemed to be well for a while but problem has resurfaced. 2. back windows misaligned. Took to dealership and parts needed to be ordered to fix the issue. 3. takata inflators. Takata should take responsibility and pay for a comparable rental vehicle. Safety should be a top priority considering they manufactured a defective product and apparently did not do enough testing before release. I don't blame Honda, I blame takata for only doing the bare minimum and backing the car dealerships into a corner. Next time I purchase a vehicle, I will be checking the air bag manufacturer before I buy! car dealership has been amazing and has wonderful service!

- Peoria, AZ, USA

May 012015

I have taken my car already for service for the squeaky brakes and it keeps coming back. There is no reason why a 2016 year old vehicle should be having squeaky brakes.

- Hawaiian Gardens, CA, USA

Jun 012015

Brakes squeak when stopping "loud noise" dealer told me that is normal home-link is short in range - dealer told me that is normal backup sensors - no on and off switch and makes beep when putting into reverse. - dealer told me that was normal. Backup camera - blurry and is worst at night very unsafe - dealer told me that was normal that he tested 4 2016 Ilx and that all the same.

- Carson, CA, USA