2016 Acura ILX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Acura ILX:

2016 Acura ILX Owner Comments

Sep 252016

ILX

"takata recall" I was involved in a wreck with an 18 wheeler. I was in the right lane traveling South on hwy 59 right outside of garrison, tx and the 18 wheeler was in the left lane. The 18 wheeler came into my lane hitting my rear drivers side bumper. This knocked my vehicle out of the right lane and perpendicular to the left lane. Then the front of the 18 wheeler hit my entire drivers side and plowed my vehicle down the highway a significant distance. Afterwards my car went into a tail spin. My vehicle stopped in the median lane facing South on hwy 59 with the hood of my vehicle pointed into the left northbound lane. The crash report states a speed of 75 mph. My drivers side airbags failed to deploy when I was struck by the 18 wheeler.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 122016

ILX

Takata recall. Taking a long time for resolution.

- East Setauket, NY, USA

Feb 162016

ILX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2016 Acura Ilx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Oviedo, FL, USA

Jun 202015

ILX

Kearny mesa Acura dealership in san diego, ca. Hasn't fix the takata air bag in my car. I've been working on this item for one year. They do not return calls, will not schedule repair, hang up on you, bad business people!!!!

- San Diego, CA, USA

Mar 082016

ILX 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2016 Acura Ilx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 08/02/16 updated 08/10/16.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 012016

ILX 4-cyl

2016 Acura Ilx. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair faulty drivers airbag inflator recall notice.

- Woodmere, NY, USA

Mar 252016

ILX

2016 Acura Ilx 1. breaks squeal when coming to a stop. Dealership stated they replaced the rotors with a more industrial rotor. Although there is no recall, the dealership stated its becoming a common complaint for the Ilx. Seemed to be well for a while but problem has resurfaced. 2. back windows misaligned. Took to dealership and parts needed to be ordered to fix the issue. 3. takata inflators. Takata should take responsibility and pay for a comparable rental vehicle. Safety should be a top priority considering they manufactured a defective product and apparently did not do enough testing before release. I don't blame Honda, I blame takata for only doing the bare minimum and backing the car dealerships into a corner. Next time I purchase a vehicle, I will be checking the air bag manufacturer before I buy! car dealership has been amazing and has wonderful service!

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Mar 222016

ILX

I received a recall notice in the mail less than a week ago for the exploding dangerous airbags. I tried to bring my car into the dealership over the weekend but I was told that there was no "customer service" on the weekends so I had to drive my car to work on Monday. The next day on Tuesday I missed a few hours of work because the dealerships rental service is only open during my working hours. When I turned my car in they told me that they won't cover the insurance which means I have to buy extra insurance on the loaner car. Why do I have to pay for the extra insurance" isn't Acura responsible for that" now I have to pay insurance on my Acura and the rental vehicle! this isn't right at all. I called my insurance company to see if they can do a temporary change of vehicles and they said that they could only do it for a maximum of two weeks. Unfortunately, two weeks won't be enough time since Acura told me that it will take up to two months for my airbag to be fixed. I don't think anyone who has a recall for that long period of time should be forced to pay for the insurance for a rental car - that is Acura's responsibility.

- Cathedral City, CA, USA

Mar 172016

ILX

I got the safety recall for the aibags on wedenesday and went to the cerritos Acura dealer to discuss my needs and concerns to this matter. What they were able to do was set me up in a rental car through enterprise. The rental car provided to me was a 2016 hyudai sonata std model. Yes, it was a standard model only. I purchased my 2016 Acura Ilx with aspec pckg which includes moonroof, upgraded alloy wheels and my heated seats, my touchscreen. All these features I am missing out on this Hyundai I was replaced meanwhile parts are available. It is an iconvenience for me since I am paying $550 a month for my car payment and I have to be driving this 2016 Hyundai sonata that does not even have a back up camera? this is unfair and unreasonable!! this is a major downgrade for me and I will take this into my own matters to make it known that I am a very unhappy customer.

- Hawaiian Gardens, CA, USA

May 012015

ILX

I have taken my car already for service for the squeaky brakes and it keeps coming back. There is no reason why a 2016 year old vehicle should be having squeaky brakes.

- Hawaiian Gardens, CA, USA

Mar 042016

ILX 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2016 Acura Ilx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The interim notification letter did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 06/15/16 updated 06/15/16.

- Clearwater, FL, USA