NHTSA — Power Train Problems

2003 Acura MDX (Page 3 of 3)

2003 Acura MDX drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Acura MDX:

2003 Acura MDX Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jan 142010

MDX

As I was bring my husband home from major back surgery our 2003 Acura MDX started to slip into neutral as we were leaving the hospital. This was one hour away from our home! in shifting through the gears, I finally got the transmission to catch at D3. This happened several times to us as we were traveling through a city and had to stop at several stop lights. Every time we stopped, it was the same scenario. D3 seemed to be the 'ticket' gear to get it to catch. I came home and made an appointment at a local garage. Thankfully I went to drop it off two days early, as the car completely stopped moving on our way to the garage and I had to call and have the vehicle towed. For a luxury vehicle, I am sadly disappointed as I love everything else about the car. I can't wait to see the price tag on this repair and for the number of complaints with the transmissions going bad, I would think that there would have been a recall by now.

- Elmira, NY, USA

Oct 062008

MDX

We have recently bought Acura MDX from herb chambers dealership in burlington. We took an extended bumper to bumper warranty for the car and paid a good amount for that. Few days back, the transmission fluid leaked. As soon as it was detected, car was stopped to avoid any damage to engine. When the bumper was opened, smoke was coming out of car bumper, it could have caught file and killed people traveling in it. It is notified to us as transmission seal broke. The dealers was informed and car was towed to them same day. I want to report this damage, which could not be explained, as the car was safely parked in very safe area. Car was driven by experience driver and family members, and we are certain that the car was not damaged while driving. Dealer is not ready to take the tag by saying it is vandalism. Please take a note of this and help us out to get the justice here. Sunita

- Lexington, MA, USA

Apr 152003

MDX

Key can be removed in any postion of the transmission after turning off.

- Portland, OR, USA