6.0

1. computer didn't recognize sensors (1 reports)
2004 Acura MDX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Acura MDX:

2004 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Feb 122013

MDX 3.5L V6

When the ABS, VSA & VTM-4 lights wouldn't go off, we took the car into a regular mechanic to have the code read. He was getting an "ABS wheel sensor code error" and said I needed new front ABS sensors. I had those replaced, with no luck with the lights going off. I had it read again and the same code came up with no ability to clear it. Finally, I took it to the Honda Dealer and they were able to diagnose the problem as a computer not recognizing the sensors. However, they did not have updated software to fix it and they needed to order the software and it would be 5 days wait.

So we waited, got it done, cleared the code and went home. The next day, my wife hit some snow / ice mixture (Remember, the MDX is supposed to be superior to Subaru's in the snow) and she was slipping and sliding all over the place. Once again, lights came on and problem was back. We took it back and the dealer took another 3 days to diagnose and fix it again. $672 later, the sensors were finally fixed.

- , Apo, AE, USA