1. replace torque converter (1 reports)
2004 Acura MDX transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Acura MDX:

2004 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Sep 282009

MDX Touring 3.5L V6

In my research I found 2001/02 MDX's had similar issues and many dealers told me that Acura not only fixed the problems but would stand behind future problems. I bought the 2004 because it had a new transmission design. The problem really started around 75K miles but it got worse before I realized what the problem was. The dealer that sold me the truck told me the cost was going to be $4152.25 and they would seek Acura assistance. Then they told me it would be $1800 and Acura would pick the rest up. I wanted Acura to cover it all so I went to another dealer.

They told me the story Acura of Boston was giving me was crap and that Acura was not covering any torque converter issues on the 2004's. This was the start of a long list of repairs that I have had with this SUV and I'm shocked with the lack of quality for a Honda product. I have also learned that most Honda products with V6's have had this issue, including the Accord and mini van. I am currently at 215,000 miles and I think I am having transmission issues again, both with the transmission and torque converter.

I will be listing all the issues I have had on this web site, they are many. On the other hand, issues aside, it really is a great SUV to drive. It's very well laid out vehicle and fun to drive. Has done well towing my snowmobile trailer (2500 lbs max). Now as for the rust issues...

- , Tewksbury, MA, USA