NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2.8

2005 Acura MDX electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Acura MDX:

2005 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Sep 122014

MDX

The contact owns a 2005 Acura MDX. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V320000 (air bags), 13V092000 (service brakes, hydraulic, traction control system), and 12V573000 (electrical system); however, the parts to do the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- St.Thomas, VI, USA

Aug 172014

MDX 6-cyl

Driver side power window control unit connector fails after years in service. The control unit is mounted on door with bracket and two screw which puts undue pressure on the connector by pushing it against the body. Over the time plastic connector (due to creep effect) will give away and become loose preventing proper contact which will disable the operation of driver side power window. I learned it hard way by spending lots of money changing all parts (control module, window motor and driver multiplex switch) for no reason.

- Clifton, NJ, USA

Jun 122013

MDX

I brought my car in for recall for the shift interlock 7250A2. A repair or replacement was done by pohanka Acura service. After the recall fix, I could still pull the key from the ignition while the care is in drive. I called the dealership and they are trying to fix it again today. I am complaining that the initial fix performed by the dealership was insufficient. I can forward a youtube link of the video if needed.

- Dunn Loring, VA, USA

Dec 162009

MDX

After you stop the car and keep in drive gear and pull the key out of ignition, the car rolls away.

- North Port, FL, USA

Feb 052011

MDX 6-cyl

This complains pertains to my 2005 MDX Acura. While driving up a slope close to my home at 50mph, the dashboard suddenly shuts down and the wheels locked up. I took it to dch Acura dealer in tustin, ca, and they could not detect any problem or replicate the problem.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Aug 142010

MDX

Have booming sound coming from the sub-woofer in the rear. Sounds deafening, quite loud and booming. Took it in because I had a warranty and they did nothing- didn't notice they didn't fix it till I got home as I didn't pick up the car. Took it back and they said they replaced the sub-woofer. On Saturday driving home and had the car running, went to back to remove something and heard this crazy noise. I though it was coming from the tail pipe, that's how loud it was until I opened the back and realize it was the sub-woofer again! I have seen that a lot of other people are having the same problem, and not sure why there isn't a permanent fix from Acura regarding this. The dealership, will imply its your cd's etc, but its not, it sounds crazy whether its the radio or even if you have the bass lowered to help with the noise.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Feb 012005

MDX 4WD

: the contact stated the vehicle's electrical system went down 5 times and it has had 5 different repairs relating to the electrical system including the battery, gears being shifted without changing gears, the transmission and stalling.

- Portland, OR, USA