2006 Acura MDX body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Acura MDX:

2006 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Aug 032013

MDX 6-cyl

I had the recall for the interlock defect done on my Acura 2006 MDX on March 15, 2015. Parked in my garage, I got out of the car taking the keys out of the ignition not realizing it was in neutral. I walked briefly into the house and back out only to find my car was starting to roll out of my garage. I ran to jump in and try to stop the car, only to have the open door catch my other vehicle in the drive and damage it along with the Acura. Neighbors came to my rescue after hearing me call out for help. One man pushed the door further forward as it was in a forward, hyper-extension position wedged against the other car. The other man maneuvered my other car away from the Acura. A third neighbor went into my house for the keys to the Acura so I could get it into park. I feel this should be an Acura problem since I did the recall and suggested and there is still a problem resulting in an accident. Acura's customer relations will not help me on the damage to both cars and will only address the recall once again. I feel lucky that I only had some bruises and strained muscles. I fear others may have had the recall done and have the failure as I did and not be so lucky. I would appreciate help in pursuing an action against Acura to get them to fix both my cars and get to the bottom of why this replacement part didn't work. Was the part actually replaced as said, was it done wrong, or was the part replaced not the answer to the problem. I have filed with usaa for help, but still feel Acura is responsible for the damages to both vehicles. A friend of mine was able to duplicate this problem the next day by starting the car, putting the car in neutral, and then shutting off the car and pulling the key out while still in neutral. Obviously, the new lever kit did not correct the problem. Any suggestions on what I can do now?

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA