2006 Acura MDX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Acura MDX:

2006 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Aug 102016

MDX

Takata recall - I have contacted criswell Acura in annapolis, md twice to schedule the recall repair; 8/10/2016, 9/6/2016. The first time I was told I would receive a return call to schedule an appointment and was never called back. The second time I was told to leave a message with jeanette is service, which I did, and once again did not receive a call back. It is now November and I have not been able to get my car repaired.

- Severna Park, MD, USA

Sep 132016

MDX

The contact owns a 2006 Acura MDX. While driving 40 mph, the vehicle struck an elk. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was towed to a dealer. The failure mileage and VIN were unknown.

- Littlton, CO, USA

Mar 012016

MDX

Takata recall. The contact owns 2006 Acura MDX. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Part distribution disconnect.

- Iowa City, IA, USA

Aug 232016

MDX

The contact owns a 2006 Acura MDX. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Santa Rosa, CA, USA

Jul 122016

MDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Acura MDX. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags). The part was not made available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Loveland, CO, USA

Jun 022015

MDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Acura MDX. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V320000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact stated that the dealer had not accommodated them as a consumer to help get the recall remedied. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Blue Hill, ME, USA

Apr 012016

MDX

We have been trying to get Acura to act on this airbag recall, but we have been waiting since this past summer. We once lived a mere 20 minutes from a dealership, but now we have since moved where there is not a dealership within our state. It was arranged for a Honda dealership to assist us, but Acura has balked on assisting us with our 2.5 of travel time to the Honda dealership despite offering to pay for transportation costs or a rental car, but we continue to wait. We are driving dangerously with these damaged air bags that can cause death or serious injury, and Acura has been neglectful in their response and disingenuous in their want to assist.

- Blue Hill, ME, USA

Mar 022015

MDX

I received recall notice 14V-351 regarding the replacement of the airbag. I contacted South coast Acura in costa mesa, ca and I was informed that the part would have to be ordered. Approximately 6 weeks later I called to find the status. I was informed that the parts had still not arrived. In addition, I called mission viejo Acura in mission viejo, ca to see if they had the parts available. Not only was I informed that the part was not available, but that replacement of the parts was higher priority in states with high humidity. I read the recall, and it says nothing about states with high humidity. I think I am being lied to by these Acura dealerships, and I would like to have my complaint investigated.the recall clearly says the defect could kill or injure people, and I don't believe Acura is taking sufficient measures to make sure the parts are available to ensure my safety.

- Huntington Beac, CA, USA

Nov 032014

MDX

The contact owns a 2006 Acura MDX. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags). The contact stated that the vehicle was unable to be repaired within a reasonable amount of time. The dealer was contacted, but did not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle could be repaired. The manufacturer stated that the vehicle would be scheduled for repair within 3-5 business days; however, the dealer was unable to honor the scheduled repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cocoa, FL, USA