NHTSA — Seats Problems Seal Of

2008 Acura MDX accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Acura MDX:

2008 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Jan 012008

The new head restraints that you require because of the insurance institute for highway safety evaluations have created a head restraint that is not usable. I went to see about purchasing a new vehicle but found with the new head restraint I can not see out the windshield of the vehicle, I can see the hood but the insurance institute head restraint prevents my head from moving to a position to see out the front of the vehicle. The only I could see out the windshield with the seat positioned where I want it was to remove the insurance institute designed head restraint, this is a safety problem created by the insurance institute. I think the research they did is flawed because most of the time people are hit in the rear of the vehicle is when they are stopped and what I see when people are stopped is they are leaning over playing with the radio or cell phone, in a position where their head is no where near the head restraint. Contrary to what the insurance institute for safety thinks people do not sit-up straight when they are driving. Either I will keep my old cars till I die, not helping the economy, or drive a new one with the insurance institute for safety head restraints removed and let the ambulance chaser handle it if I get rear ended. May be they can co after the insurance institute for their great design.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA