NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of

2.3

2008 Acura MDX electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Acura MDX:

2008 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Oct 012014

MDX

The contact owns a 2008 Acura MDX. While driving at 60 mph, the contact noticed that the hood was vibrating. In addition, the vehicle lost power. The accelerator pedal was depressed, but the vehicle hesitated before accelerating. The vehicle stability assist, tcs, ABS and vtm may not operate was displayed across the message board. The vehicle was taken to multiple independent mechanics, who diagnosed that the hood needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 133,000.

- Rosedale, NY, USA

Oct 112014

MDX

*****Acura MDX 2008 battery is draining and car will not start due to hfl unit.******** ***consumers should know so they can address this issue prevent being stranded somewhere with a dead battery*** this has been my experience 1) February 2013, vehicle @ 35,000 miles- battery replaced at Acura 2) October 2014, vehicle @ 48,000 miles- told by Acura battery needs to be replaced again 3) January 2015, vehicle @ 49,000 miles- I found online forum where Acura MDX owners are having the same issue and the conclusion is a defective hfl (hands free link) unit draining the battery while the vehicle is off. 4) January 2015, vehicle @ 49,000 miles - I tell Acura service advisor at intake about online discussions and that I believe the hfl unit is draining my battery. The service advisor agrees the issue is definitely the hfl unit and the hfl unit will need to be replaced or unplugged but he will have the technician diagnose to confirm. I had Acura replace the hfl unit and the battery has not died since even after not driving the vehicle for three straight days. This is a safety concern for me as I believe driving hands-free is safer than driving with a phone in one's hand. It is also illegal to drive and talk on a hand-held phone in the state in which I live so unplugging the hfl unit is not an option for me. I believe Acura is aware of this issue based on my experience and all the many online forums where consumers with different Acura models, makes and years are discussing the same problem with the hfl and giving their feedback about their contact with Acura. Instead of doing a thorough diagnostic check I was told twice I needed a new battery. It was my third visit along with the information I found online that I got Acura's attention however by then the hfl was out of warranty.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA