2011 Acura MDX drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Acura MDX:

2011 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Jun 092015

MDX

While driving the front wheel bearing or transmission is making noises, like whining, droning, or humming. I had the front hubs and bearings replaced with new oem hubs and bearings. The noise has continued!!!

- Bristol, VA, USA

May 182013

MDX 6-cyl

While parking, the car suddenly accelerated as if the accelerator was floored, and the car only came to a stop after hitting a block wall. The engine continued to rev until the car was put into park and the engine turned off. I could hear the tire screeching like "burning rubber" when it accelerated. Prior to this incident, I've been experiencing the car lurch forward while driving for the past 2 weeks. But it was hard to reproduce, and I was in the process of trying to figure out when and how it happens.

- Walnut, CA, USA

Jul 252011

MDX 6-cyl

While leaving a parking lot and coming to a stop prior to entering traffic, the car lurched forward while braking. This has occurred 3 additional times since that initial episode. Concurrently, the transmission began to shift roughly. I experienced "micro lurches" while accelerating and decelerating; under 40mph. These lurches while shifting are not present when speeds exceed 55 mph. The Acura dealer initially indicated there were no problems as no computer anomalies were detected. After multiple complaints, Acura sent a technician to investigate. He experienced the "micro-lurches" on a test drive with me and after consultation with Acura, agreed to replace the torque converter. However, they maintain that there is no computer data to explain the unanticipated accelerations I experienced and therefore Acura does not acknowledge that there is a problem. I believe that these intermittent episodes of unanticipated accelerations represent a safety problem. During my last conversation with Acura (800382-2238 X 115185), I was informed that there was nothing further they plan to do. I indicated that I would be filing a complaint with the NHTSA.

- Stony Brook, NY, USA