NHTSA — Seat Belts Problems

2011 Acura MDX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Acura MDX:

2011 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Jul 302012

MDX 6-cyl

I was stopped at a stop light when a pick up truck hit my car from behind. I was wearing my seatbelt and my seat was positioned at an appropriate distance from the steering wheel. After my head first hit the headrest from the initial impact, my head flew forward and hit the steering wheel. I had a bump on my forehead and a headache afterward (followed by a black eye the next day). Fortunately, a cat scan confirmed that my injury was not serious. Because I was concerned about whether my seatbelt was working or not, I took my Acura to my local Acura dealer to have the seatbelts checked. They told me that my seatbelts were working as they should. I am still concerned, however, about my seatbelt's reliability in a collision. I can't say whether or not my seatbelt locked at some point during my accident because it happened so quickly and unexpectedly that I, frankly, don't remember. But I do know that it didn't keep me from hitting my steering wheel.

- Tulsa, OK, USA