3.0

2013 Acura MDX drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Acura MDX:

2013 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Feb 192016

MDX

Torque converter problem...... I bought a used 2012 MDX with 4300 miles 5 months later I had this issue. I took the car to a Acura dealer and they fixed it but I did feel safe so I traded it in for a newer model thinking it would be better...long behold the 2013 MDX I got did the same thing 5 month later. The dealer never told me after bring the first car back that this was an issue with these cars. And sold me a second one, which by the way I loss $8000 on the first car for trading it in so soon.I only traded it in because I did feel safe and I told them that..lucky I bought warranty because the 2013 MDX had 6700 mile and warranty was up......

- Ny, NY, USA

Feb 052016

MDX

Purchased this a at a used car from Acura of los gatos an picked the car up late on Jan 27th 2016. At noon on Feb 5th (just about 7 days) the car suddenly stop when trying to pull up to the drive way of my friend house. The entire car is in the middle of a small street, blocking cars from moving. Car can't get started even with jumper from a towing company. The car was towed back to los gatos Acura and few hours later we were told the the entire engine is gone. We purchase this used car because it's such a new car just about 2 years old and driven just above 25,000 miles and supposed to run through almost 200 points check from los gatos Acura, but it failed in our face and we are fear for our lives due to the reason that we are lucky enough that the car broke down in a middle of the road in a light traffic area. If the engine did break down in the middle of fast and high traffic freeway, our lives could be in serious danger.

- San Jose, CA, USA