NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2.5

2014 Acura MDX fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Acura MDX:

2014 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Nov 302015

MDX

First, I have had the vehicle for a little over a year. I have driven to Florida and nc without issue. Today will be the 4th time taking my car to the Acura dealership in less than 3 months. Today the car started to kickback when I reach 20mph. Also, at 80mph the car is jerky when I accelerate or decrease and go again. Also when I release the gas, the speed decreases quickly as opposed to gradually. Around 60mph the car tends to have a slight jerk which ive notified Acura but they said I need a wheel alignment which ive done. The issue prior was all the lights in the dash came on the the drive function was almost paused while the vehicle was in motion. Acura claimed the issue was minor yet I am going again today. Prior to that issue, something near the tires was scratching or something which they claimed the issue was fixed. What led me to the dealership the first time was the vehicle was jerky at different times while accelerating. Acura performed a software upgrade which fixed the issue for a couple days. At some point, the vehicle needs to be re-assessed and possibly totaled out or something. I have 3 kids and always on the run. I used to trust Acura and the reliability but the issues seem to get worse and worse.

- Frederick, MD, USA