NHTSA — Suspension Problems

2014 Acura MDX suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Acura MDX:

2014 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Oct 062015

Experienced a humming and revving sound coming from under right side of the hood. It occurred when accelerating from 35 mph and would get louder. The sound decreased when decelerating from 35. I took it to the dealer and they diagnosed a faulty right wheel bearing. Fortunately the vehicle was still under warranty. I did not experience any accidents, hit any pot holes, or curbs prior to this incident. This was completely an unknown cause.

- Jenks, OK, USA

Jun 102014

I bought 2014 Acura MDX brand new and after 2000 mile a noise came out from engine I went dealer they ordered the part and fixed and the same problem happened after 5000 miles. I have lots of headaches since I bought this car. The suspensions are very bad even when I bought it from the dealer as a first day. And now I have all lights on such as battery, brake, hill stability problem, steering wheel problem, engine emission stability problem writing, shown all wheel drive problem. Whenever I go to dealer they reset the signs and say its ok now. They charge me but after a while again happens and this time saying different problem.. really has too much problem. Suspensions and brake a worst. Now I am afraid to drive this car with my little baby and family. 100% I believe car stops in middle of the way.. its very dangerous.. please inform Acura because they aren't careening and especially every new MDX drivers have problems with this brand new expensive cars. Thank you very much for your time and understanding us.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Aug 142014

The contact owns a 2015 (na) Acura MDX. While driving 40 mph, the passenger side axle fractured. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 80.

- Knoxville, TN, USA