2007 Acura RDX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Acura RDX:

2007 Acura RDX Owner Comments

Mar 012016

RDX 4-cyl

Letter from congressman king on behalf of constituent re Acura Rdx air bag recall issues. The consumer stated he was notified in March 2016, of a defect with the air bag and as of October, the parts are still unavailable.

- Massapequa Park, NY, USA

Nov 022016

RDX

Takata recall - received a letter dated 3/2016 from Acura informing me of a recall on my car for air bag problems, which is a potentially very dangerous concern. The letter indicated the replacement parts would be available in the summer of 2016. This is now November and the part is still not available. I have called Acura client relations twice and my local dealer has attempted twice to obtain the part, all these efforts were without result. In my most recent call to Acura the rep could not help and refused to transfer me to a manager for assistance. I would like the part to be made available asap

- Plantation, FL, USA

Oct 042016

RDX 4-cyl

Takata recall as an owner of a 2007 Acura Rdx I received a letter on the recall issued. My vehicle was taken in for service on July 1, 2016. Some 3 months later the symptoms that were first noticed have returned. That is the clicking sound from behind the steering wheel and the airbag notification warning on the dash. I contacted ed voyles Acura who performed the repairs for the recall to let them know that I am having the same problems again. Their response was shocking as I was given a convoluted explanation that amounted to the assertion that the symptoms I am experiencing has nothing to do with the recall. The very same issues that alerted me to a problem with the airbag system. It is obvious that there is a defect and a very dangerous one at that with the airbag system in my Acura Rdx which the dealer is insinuating that any repairs done will be at my expense. In my opinion this is not right nor fair and the issue remains unresolved.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Mar 282016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Royal Palm Beach, FL, USA

Mar 022016

RDX

Takata recall - I have been calling my local dealership regularly since I received the recall in March 2016. It is now September and they still have no idea when the part will be available. This is way beyond the "reasonable period of time" of 60 days. I am beyond upset about this as this vehicle is driven by my daughter. I was told initially by the dealership that a rental really wasn't necessary despite continued warnings. What is the quickest way to get this recall remedied??

- High Ridge, MO, USA

Mar 012016

RDX

2007 Acura Rdx. Consumer has concerns with driver front airbag inflator which could produce excessive internal pressure upon deployment.

- Round Lake, IL, USA

Feb 122016

RDX

Takata recall when will my remedy be ready??

- Muncie, IN, USA

Mar 212016

RDX 4-cyl

2007 Acura Rdx. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair airbag inflator recall notice.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Mar 082016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Acura Rdx. The contact received a notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part needed was not available. The contact believed that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to provide the recall repair. The dealer was contacted and the manufacturer was made aware of the delay. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Belleair, FL, USA

Jun 012016

RDX 4-cyl

2007 Acura Rdx. Consumer writes in regards to airbag recall not repaired in specified time frame and dealership refusal to provide a free rental vehicle until repairs are complete.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Mar 232016

RDX

The contact owns a 2007 Acura Rdx. While driving at an unknown speed, the contact's vehicle struck the passenger side of another vehicle. The incident was a minor fender bender with no damage to the other vehicle; however, the air bags deployed. A police report was filed. The contact stated that minor injuries were sustained from the air bag deployment that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 82,000.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Mar 222016

RDX

The contact owns a 2007 Acura Rdx. The contact's vehicle was involved in an side impact collision with a semi truck while driving 30 mph. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained cuts and cervical spine injuries that required medical attention. Prior to the crash, the SRS warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the passenger side air bag increased pressure and the light needed to be reset. The warning indicator was reset. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired, but was towed to a body shop. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The failure mileage was 134,000.

- New Richmond, OH, USA

May 082010

RDX

Vehicle stalled on road, three vehicles stopped behind the stalled car. Fifth vehicle hit the left rear of my wife's SUV sending her into the vehicle in front and so on. Air bags did not deploy in my wife's vehicle.

- Marion, NC, USA