5.0

2008 Acura RDX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Acura RDX:

2008 Acura RDX Owner Comments

Oct 092016

RDX

The contact owns a 2008 Acura Rdx. The contact received a recall repair associated with NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated after the repair was performed. The dealer was unable to determine the cause of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 41,877.

- York, PA, USA

Sep 012016

RDX

Takata recall. Acura was supposed to replace my airbag "in the summer of 2016". the summer is over, but the parts are still unavailable. I want this shrapnel bomb in my steering wheel replaced now.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Mar 022016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mountainside, NJ, USA

Mar 142016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 10/13/16

- East Hanover, NJ, USA

Jun 062016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mystic, CT, USA

Mar 012016

RDX

The contact owns a 2008 Acura Rdx. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V0610000 (air bags) was received in March of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Zeeland, MI, USA

Jul 112016

RDX

The contact owns a 2008 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The vehicle was taken to the dealer for the recall repair; however, the vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 81,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Highland Mills, NY, USA

Jun 092016

RDX

"takata recall" I have contacted corporate Acura customer relations at 1-800-382-2238 option 4 and Acura annapolis Maryland dealer 443-482-3200 and have been given the run around and put in multiple voice mails with no call backs and I have explained multiple times that I have an Acura Rdx 2008 with a recalled airbag and noone has helped me as of 6/9/2016. Back in may of 2016, I called once I recovered from pneumonia and the corporate customer relations gave me a case number: 03496388 and instructed me to call the annapolis Acura dealer and ask to speak to the service manager which I did same day and I left two voice mails none of which were returned. Two days later, I called the service department at the annapolis dealer and the service technician said that only people in enterprise rental cars with the recall were being honored presently for the recall. I gave my case number and the technician found me in their system and supposedly was going to order the recall parts based on my case number. On 6/9/2016 I called the service department at annapolis dealer and the service technician said, oh well I really don't know what happened to your parts situation. I called back and asked to speak to the service manager again and they wanted to put me in his voice mail and I yelled back that I've already left him messages to call me which he has not done yet so why would I want to leave yet another message"! I asked to speak to the overall dealership manager and was informed oh he's not in. I called the corporate Acura customer relations gave them my case number and they transfered me to a department that informed me that they don't handle the recalls and that they would have to transfer me to the right department. I yelled again, what is going on"! I am being given the run around with a dangerous recall still unresolved. These people are going to kill me.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Jun 012016

RDX 4-cyl

2008 Acura Rdx. Consumer writes in regards to loaner vehicle issues while dealership repairs driver front airbag inflator recall notice.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Mar 012016

RDX

The contact owns a 2008 Acura Rdx. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Apr 012016

Tamara recall

- Orange Park, FL, USA

Apr 152014

RDX

The contact owns a 2008 Acura Rdx. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the air bag harness needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 91,000.

- Richmond, TX, USA

Jul 212013

RDX

The contact owns a 2008 Acura Rdx. The contact entered the vehicle, closed the door and every air bag on the driver's side of the vehicle deployed erroneously. The contact stated that the vehicle was not involved in a crash. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection or repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 51,000.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA